Mycelium is a living agent-system. The hemp fiber structure built here connects two plexiglass plates and It provides a good substrate to mycelium growth. Result shows a redundant and hyper connected system: a fibrous composite material made of (and by) mycelium.
- design and lasercut plates: plexiglass, diameter 75/88 mm, thickness 3mm (thanks to MakeInBo)
- build hemp structures: distance between plates 15cm
- put the structure in a glass jar with some ml of water
- autoclave, 121°C – 20′
- (bio)plastic #2.1.2 spread on fibers
- inoculate with POS1 – Pleurotus Ostreatus (5 infected wheat grains)
- growth in a dark room at 22.5°C for 12 days > image